2016年1月5日星期二

The LUCI Method of Using Commas

Commas can be tricky. In the past, I played commas by ear. If it sounded like a Must-Know Facts About Advanced File Integrity Monitoring For it Security, Integrity and Compliance brief pause made sense, I added one in. While that works extremely well when I’m in the top of my game, it usually leads to mixed results when I’m tired, sleepy or otherwise uninspired.

However, using a comma in Take A Look To My Personal Nokia E71 Mobile Review your content is another story. Each writing must possess a correct and proper way of using punctuations and this includes the use of a comma. You need not to place comma every time you are going to pause in a sentence, it can only make your sentence too long which is very dull to read when your readers will find it out.

There are a lot of rules in using commas. And we often heard it at school especially during our elementary years, how much more during our high school and college days?

Since there are a lot of ways on how to use comma and when should Roads Of Rome: New Generation we use them in our sentence, it is important that being a writer, we should always have the knowledge about this. Because, if ever Roads Of Rome: New Generation you don’t know how to Tips on Motion Sensor Home Security place them correctly in your sentences, your concept of idea in your passages might change. And worst, your readers might not fully understand it Roads Of Rome: New Generation well and will only junk your piece in a trash. You don’t want that to Explore Pristine Beaches and Enjoy Luxury Accommodation With Samoa Vacations happen, do you?

As such, I needed a better structure from which to work commas into my sentences, to make sure I cover all my bases before running it through my English writing software. After searching, I found the answer with LUCI undertanding this insurance sector and how to choose the proper plan in order to determine when and how should we place commas in our sentences. LUCI stands for Lists, Unnecessary Clauses, Coordinating Conjunctions and Introductory Phrases.

Lists. In a list of various items, whether they’re nouns, adjectives, adverbs or some other A Guide To Computer Desks word form, commas are always necessary, except for the last item (unless it will be confusing not to add one).

Example: I like pretty girls, fast cars and cute bunnies.

Unnecessary Clauses. Sometimes, we add in clauses which can aid in the overall picture, without making much difference to the meaning of a sentence. These clauses, whether they’re appositives, participate phrases or parenthetical elements, will need to be separated from the rest of the sentence by a comma.

Example: Their house, which they bought from Steve Jobs, was ruined by the fire.

Coordinating Conjunctions. When Roads Of Rome: New Generation connecting two complete sentences, you typically add in a coordinating conjunction (for, and, nor, but, or, yet and so) to transition from one to the other. In this situation, the coordinating conjunction will need to be preceded by a comma.

Example: I said I love you, but I lied.

Introductory Statement. An introductory statement sets the context for the body of the sentence, preceding the foundational subject and verb. The rule is to add a comma right after the introductory portion.

Example: Because I’ve never used such a contraption in the past, I hurt myself when I used an electric toothbrush this morning.

See how innovative English Smart shopping pays when choosing a health care plan Writing Software instantly can boost your English writing and watch how NLP technology can help you to write perfect Roads Of Rome: New Generation emails, essays, reports and letters. More Info.

没有评论: